Several research initiatives are being pursued at this time, in collaboration with researchers and institutions abroad.
- Water reclamation projects within the framework of the European Community
- Water Desalination projects supported by the Middle East Desalination Research Center
- USAID Middle East Regional Cooperation Program (MERC) - Appropriate Technology for Wastewater Treatment and Reuse in
Rural Middle East Areas
- Palestinian - Jordanian - Israeli Cooperation on Water reuse for irrigation - supported by WEI resources
- Middle East Wat Project - led by Professor erFrank Fisher from MIT- with teams from Jordan, Israel and the
- WaterNet Project: The Norwegian government is sponsoring a regional electronic information system on water related issues